Summarizing the ideas I’d like to conclude that Lean methodology is highly constructive and interactive with CMMI. Practical use of the both models lead to continuous improvement and optimization of company’s internal processes. In this case Lean is a language, which brings the comprehension in SEI and Agile community dialogue. Lean helps to get the positive outcome from classic software engineering literature interpretation.
Combining the both approaches – CMMI and Lean we can finalize that people make their conclusions based on maturity and methodologies familiar to them but not on traditional literature or guidance thus Lean is called to interpret Agile ideas with strong use of traditional literature and guidance. For almost two years Softline management team was building Agile/Lean paradigm of development lifecycle within nearshore approach to software development. Among the first achievements were the reputability and strictly defined processes then quantitative management achievement.
On the way of continuous improvement the CMMI valued processes emerged essentially with maturity of team management and organizational focus of employees. At this stage I have understood the pure value of CMMI for building Lean oriented environment. At the same time the traditional valuable destinies for software development such as cohesion, object orientation, coupling, code inspections or aspect orientation were always in primary development practices. Following these principles multiplied on the goals of agility delivered the really good results.
They give me a hope to conclude that the last ten years were the period of learning for software engineering sphere and more achievements wait for us in the next ten years. I believe that in the next ten years Lean/Agile society will recover from corrections and failures made in the past. The significant quality of the products along with sustainable productivity and added economical benefits will stress the industry. In this puzzle of future success Lean approach is a necessary part, because it is a future of software engineering.
1. Ambler, W. , & Kroll, P. (2007) “Best practices for lean development governance—Part 1: Principles and Organizations”; IBM Rational Edge; www. ibm. com/developerworks/rational/library/jun07/kroll/.
2. Ambler, W. (2005) Examining the “Big Requirements Up Front (BRUF)” Approach; www. agilemodeling. com/essays/examiningBRUF. htm.
3. Agile Alliance. (2001) The Agile Manifesto; www. agilemanifesto. org.
4. Kanigel, R. (2007). The One Best way: Frederick Winslow Taylor and the Enigma of Efficiency. Penguin Books, Harmondsworth, Middlesex, England.
5. Poppendieck, Mary and Poppendieck, Tom. (2006) Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash; Addison-Wesley Professional; Boston.
6. Weinberg, M. , G. (1969). The Psychology of Computer Programming. Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston
7. Kroll, P. & MacIsaac, B. (2006) Agility and Discipline Made Easy—Practices from OpenUP and RUP; Addison-Wesley Professional; Pearson Education, Inc. ; Boston.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more