Watch the case New York Times v. Sullivan (1964)
Write 10 pages legal brief, using 1.5 spacing
Rubric and requirements are below:
(1) Facts (1-2 pages): Who is the original plaintiff and defendant? What events lead to their dispute? What remedy is the plaintiff seeking: injunction, damages, or both? Why that remedy?
(2) Arguments by the Parties (1-2 pages): What law or legal precedents (prior cases) does the plaintiff use to argue for its side? What does the defendant use to argue for its side?
(3) Legal Issues (1-2 pages): what are the legal issues that the judge must decide? The judge will usually state these issues clearly as it begins his/her opinion?
(4) Decision and Reasoning (1-2 pages): What is the decision of the judge? For the plaintiff or defendant? What is the reasoning by the judge for that decision?
(5) Relevance (1-2 pages): What is the relevance for or connection to the cases that we discussed in class? For nearly all of these cases, they were decided before the cases that we discussed in class. That is how I found them, ha ha. So discuss whether your case was over-ruled or up-held by the relevant case that we discussed in class?
(6) Learned or Enjoyed (1 page): What did you learn from this project? What did you most enjoy about doing this project?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more