1. Complete the following table to address the creation of teams at Riordan Manufacturing.
Clear expectation of goals
Better performance and goals measurement.
Does don’t speak about interactions and human relations.
Channels of communications
Understanding and bonding are developed which helps in building relationships. Actual performance and its achievement suffer as too much emphasis is given on relationships.
Resolves problems and conflicts and trains the members in honing this skill for future course of actions. There may not be any conflict thus precious organizational resource may be wasted.
Innovativeness and creativity among members are developed. Members are made accountable and more responsible for their acts of omissions and commissions. General day-to-day activity may suffer. Short-term loss.
Celebrating achievements of the team.
Strong bonding and “we feeling” develops among the employee thus making the team very effective. During the time of crisis members may cause serious damage due to this strong bonding.
2. Identify the team formation strategy that is most suitable for Riordan Manufacturing, and provide the rationale for the decision. Your response should be at least 100 words.
There are various strategies for building/forming a team.
(1) Clear expectations of goals and targets: There should be a clear role delineation of every team member as every person in the team should know the role he or she is expected to play in the team with respect to the roles of others and team members. Every member needs to understand how and where he/she fits in the team.
(2) Channels of communications: There should be created an open channel of communication among all the members of the team including the team leader. This would create a working atmosphere where members of the team would know that every individual is available to listen and discuss their concerns personal and professional. Without free and unfettered communication, group formation would never lead to effective team.
(3) Conflict Resolution: Developing conflict resolution skills among the members would be the way of resolving it in real work situation, and it would create a mechanism for redressing grievances and attending to problems.
(4) Consequences: By making every member accountable and responsible for team achievement.
(5) Celebrating achievements of the team.
3. What potential barriers may arise during team formation? How will you address these barriers? Your response should be at least 100 words.
Every individual has its own values, attitude and belief system ingrained into his entire thought process and these are acquired over the years through his/her parents, relatives, friends, teachers, and other influential people. Since the background of members is different, so there are differences in values, beliefs and opinion. Even at work situations, members come from different departments, some are new employees as well. This all creates one weak culture. Now the challenge in front of the leader is to bind the values and beliefs of every member into one shared value of the entire team. For this a strong culture needs to be built where all share the values and goals set by the team leader and it should be acceptable to all of them.
4. What measures will be put in place to evaluate if the team is operating successfully?
The best strategy can be determined by achievement of the goal of the team being aligned with that of every individual member and this can be best achieved under the given situation by opening all the channels of communications in the beginning to thicken the culture. Since every one hails from diverse background, the maximum initial interactions would make them strong and would lead to development of bonding. The interaction should not be merely formal but, informal communication is even more important for the development of bonds among the members of the team.
The differences in opinion on maximum number of issues related to the work performance, is perhaps the best indicator to show how well the members gel together. Differences are bound to occur but, even more important is how well they resolve their inner conflict situations? What is the level of stress among the members due to conflict?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more