Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are expected to include at least one scholarly and peer-reviewed resource outside of those provided in the readings for each discussion post. I need this completed by 03/27/18 at 5pm. I am a MCFC student who is African American.
Impact of History on Worldview
Deepening your knowledge of racial and/or ethnic groups and culture in general requires an understanding of the influences that have led to a particular group’s worldview. Furthermore, how does this worldview influence the attitudes, behaviors, and values of members of that group? History plays a significant role in shaping the worldview of all cultural groups. Ultimately, as a counselor, understanding these influences assists in developing your cultural competence.
For this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources and reflect on the history of each group and how this history has impacted the worldviews of each group’s members. Then, select one of these ethnic groups to focus on for this Discussion.
With these thoughts in mind and using a specific example from one of the ethnic groups from this week’s readings:
Post by Day 3 a summary of one aspect of the history (such as an event or a shared group experience) of the ethnic or racial group you selected. Explain the impact of this historical aspect on the worldview of the group’s members. Then, explain how their worldview and current perceptions may influence the attitudes, beliefs, values, and behaviors of group members. How might individuals and families negotiating biracial (i.e., identifying with two or more racial/ethnic groups) or transracial (i.e., transracial adoptee or adoptive family, etc.) identity be impacted by the historical worldview of these intersecting identities?
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Chapter 16, “Counseling Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders” (pp. 501-523)
o Chapter 17, “Counseling Latinas/os” (pp. 525-547)
o Chapter 18, “Counseling Multiracial Individuals” (pp. 549-569)
o Chapter 21, “Counseling Jewish Americans” (pp. 615-632)
· Document: Mini–Case Studies (Word document)
These case studies are provided to support your completion of this week’s Assignment.
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012c). Inter-ethnic relations: Counseling interventions across demographic boundaries. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 10 minutes.
In this video, Drs. Derald Wing Sue, Teresa LaFromboise, Marie Miville, and Thomas Parham discuss counseling groups of people who come from different ethnic backgrounds.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (2011). Counseling Filipino Americans: Part 1 [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/search/seriesid/154/sortby/title (approximate length: 31 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (2011). Counseling Filipino Americans: Part 2 [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/search/seriesid/154/sortby/title (approximate length: 35 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (1994). Specifics of practice for counseling with Latinos [Video file]. Retrieved from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/view/1778732 (approximate length: 71 minutes)
· Microtraining Associates (Executive Producer). (n.d.). Counseling the multiracial population: Couples, individuals, families [Video file]. Retrieved December 24, 2012, from http://ctiv.alexanderstreet.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/view/1778780 (approximate length: 75 minutes)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more