Prompt for Synthesis Essay #1 (100pts)
First and foremost, your essay should not be a summary of the articles, films or class lectures. This assignment requires you to critically analyze the course material and demonstrate an understanding of the anthropological perspective.
Throughout the past 3 weeks we have learned new anthropological terms, concepts and theories. We have read various articles and watched films that demonstrate how an anthropological perspective is used to approach the diversity of beliefs, values and practices in regard to topics we will engage throughout the rest of the course. Your essay should demonstrate this understanding by making connections between the authors’ discussions, films and lectures. In other words, put all the material in conversation around an anthropological understanding of how our culturally constructed worldview provides a lens through which we understand and experience being human.
The following terms and concepts must be included in your essay:
2. Comparative method
3. Culture (Defined)
5. Cultural Relativism
6. Social/Cultural Construction
7. Naturalized beliefs
The following course material must be included in your essay:
1. Body Ritual Among the Nacerima –Miner Article
2. A Very Bad disease of the Arms—Kearney
3. Introductory Cultural Anthropology—Corrmeir
5. Lecture material where appropriate
Mechanics of Paper Composition
1. The Paper must be turned in by Sept. 15th through the “Turnitin” link on Cougar Course.
2. Paper length must be at least 1000 words but no more than 1200.
3. Proof read and correct your paper carefully before submitting it. Errors of spelling, grammar, typing, etc. can lead to errors of interpretation on the part of the instructor. Typos and other errors are unpleasant to read and convey the impression of sloppy work and careless thinking.
4. Your paper will receive comments liberally regarding style, logic, organization, sentence structure, grammar, syntax, spelling, neatness, and other matters.
7. Please refer to grading rubric for specific point evaluations.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more