General Brand Marketing
Reflected in the distinctive, fluid lines of an Jeep Cherokee is the brand’s long sporting tradition.
Every model is a finely-engineered balance of style, performance, comfort and safety. As a result of the continuous innovation in the use of light-weight materials and advanced engine technologies, Jeep Cherokee cars are best-in-class in combining operating efficiency with a level of performance and handling that all add up to pure driving emotion.
In this assignment, you will be writing a 5 pages paper following APA format, in which you will create a Positioning Statement and Motto for the following brand: Jeep Cherokee
Use the information listed above, as well as your own research, to assess the brand by answering the following questions. At the end, be sure to develop what you believe would be a new or better positioning statement and motto for the brand.
1. Target Customers/Users
– Who are the target customers for the company/brand?
– How could/does the company reach its customers/users? What methods and media might and/or does the company use to reach the customers/users?
– What would grab the customers/users’ attention? Define the customers/users according to their demographics and psychographic information (e.g., age, gender, income, education, lifestyle, values, etc). How do they want to be perceived?
– What do these target customers’ value?
– Who are the brand’s competitors?
– What product category does the brand fit into?
– What frame of reference will customers use in making a choice to use/purchase this brand/service? What other brands/companies might customers compare this brand to?
3. USP (Unique Selling Proposition)
– How is this brand/company better than its competitors? What is the brand’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition?
– What is the brand’s uniqueness?
– What is the competitive advantage of the brand? How is it different from other competing brands?
– Does the brand have any attributes or benefits that dominate competitors?
4. Positioning Statement & Motto
Develop a new positioning statement and motto for the brand you selected.
Below is an example of BMW’s positioning statement and motto.
• BMW Positioning statement: The brand for discerning customers of sports cars (target customers) who want an exhilarating experience (USP).
• BMW Motto: BMW is the ultimate driving machine.